Gratitude1: Bobina Jean (Bobbie) RIP sweet kitty

Tuesday, November 1, 2011






Each year for the past several years, I have been a moderator in the Flickr Group 30 Days of Gratitude. As we enter the month of Thanksgiving, it is the perfect time to take a small moment each day & reflect on what we are thankful for each day. After 30 days, you cultivate an attitude of gratitude - perfect time for Thanksgiving & entering into the holiday season. What have you given thanks for today? Giving thanks makes us happier and more optimistic. Come join us in the Gratitude Project. Give thanks!


As I start the month of Thanksgiving, I have had a loss I am mourning, but today I am looking for the sweet spots & giving thanks.......


My teeny tiger cat Bobina Jean (Bobbie) showed up in the woods outside my new home 17.5 years ago. She was a feral kitten whose mother had apparently died or just left her. You couldn't get near her & it took many weeks & patience to be able to get near enough to touch her. Eventually Bobbie took up residence & stayed near our property, although she remained outdoors & pretty wild. In the evenings I opened the garage door so she could sleep safe & sound.
When I went through a divorce & moved out of the house, I went back everyday for a week to try to find her. I did & she came with me & became an indoor kitty - a change she relished! When I got my dog, Maggie (who most here know!) Bobbie immediately took to her - as you can see here.
Sunday night, Bobbie started having seizures. We rushed to the emergency vet, but it was her time to leave this world. I am heartbroken and miss her so much. She was my little squeaky wheel with her strange little meow! But I am thankful I had her in my life for 17 and a half years. We saw so much life together & shared such love. Today I am thankful for Bobbi (Bobina) - thankful for our time, our experiences & adventures, & all the affection & love we shared. Bobbie did not cooperate with the camera & I have few photos of her - this was always one of my faves - & I am so thankful for this photo!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful love story. We know we are truly blessed when have a love of a pet. I had the love of a cockatiel for 11 years...then one day she was gone...but always in my heart.

A New England Life said...

What a precious photo of the two of them! Not many cats will snuggle with a dog like that. I know mine won't.

My heart goes out to you, Joy. I know exactly the pain you're going through and it really, really hurts. After all, they are our children. Maybe you could do something to honor Bobbie, like make a small donation to a local charity.

Hugs,
Sharon

Olivia StClaire said...

Thanks so much, Jeanette. ♥ Sharon - what a wonderful idea! Thank you! xoxo ♥

Mary said...

I'm so sorry Joy. Being through the death of 2 cats it's heartbreaking. After my Snowy died, I wrote a poem for him & a photo collage; and after my Jeffy died after being stung by a wasp, I put his photo on my mantel. I also made a youtube video for him, with all the pictures over his 5 years I'd taken. It was surprisingly cathartic. This is a very sweet and priceless pic; thanks for sharing. :) xoxo