Wild Abandon {Columbus Ohio Photographer}

Monday, April 9, 2012

I kind of have this pet peeve..... I don't like shrubs (unless in a formal garden) tightly pruned into squares & orbs. This is especially true of forsythia. It is so sad that most forsythia we see are cut into little boxes & their bloom isn't quite so spectacular this way. There is nothing more beautiful in spring than seeing an untamed forsythia shrub blooming for all it's worth - with wild abandon. They seem to be so exuberantly heralding spring. And so... I got to thinking about people - how so many try to be cookie cutters of someone else or who they thing they should be. And it reminds me of the saying - better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate copy of someone else! Happy Spring!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Melanie said...

I agree! I enjoy nature in it's more natural form as well. :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful and spring wow I just finished planting everything