Strangers 27-31 {31 Strangers in 31 Days}

Friday, October 15, 2010

This is the final post for the 31 Strangers in 31 Days Project. During this project, I met such a wonderful variety of people, & each one left their mark on me. This project helped open my eyes to new things around me, and it helped me get out of my comfort zone. I found myself opening up more & more as the project went on. Columbus is a large city & it seems everyone goes about their day quickly & often without connecting with others. And I must say, I was starting to be guilty of that myself. By doing this project, I made eye contact and connections with people again. And it leaves a really great feeling. I found myself smiling inside & out after each Stranger connection. I felt open to the world, others & possibilities. I think I will do this project again! It is fitting that my final stranger shots were at Hoover Reservoir on a beautiful autumn evening. I walk Maggie there most days & it is a place I love so much. So, now on to the final Strangers.

Meet Leo, Stranger 27.
He has always been single and lost his German Shepard in the past year. He walks at Hoover every day and enjoys seeing & meeting people while he walks.




Stranger 28 ~ Chris.
Chris was taking a bike ride and stopped to snap some quick shots of the dam and reservoir. He said the water level is the lowest level he has ever seen, but hadn't been there in a couple years.




Stranger 29 ~ Morris
Morris was taking advantage of the "golden hour" of light while photographing the scenery. He stopped for a moment for me to photograph him, but then went back to his shooting.





And Strangers 30 & 31 ~ Donna and Steve
Donna and Steve let me get a quick shot, and then we talked about the Strangers Project. The were the perfect strangers to finish the project with! We talked about the differences between men & women in being photographed. Me were always game, while women always seemed to be concerned with their appearance! We talked about how some people were so open to making new connections & friendships and how others were so closed. And we thought of ways to keep the strangers project going - Seasons of Strangers, etc!
So for now, good bye to the Strangers project. I am getting ready for the 30 Days of Gratitude Project to start November 1st. Stay tuned for more on that!

And so Maggie & I finished our walk at the dam on this beautiful autumn day.....




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Mary said...

Wow, Joy I am so overwhelmed by this awesome post and project. I've followed you throughout. It's really wonderful that you've met so many people in your own town, I hope you can meet them again in your travels, as you probably remember them all! Can't wait to start the days of gratitude. Happy weekend my friend!
Mary